Interdisciplinary Journal of Virtual Learning in Medical Sciences (IJVLMS) aims at promoting and enhancing the quality of e-learning in formal and non-formal education. IJVLMS publishes research and scholarly articles concerned with electronic education and distance learning. The journal accepts Original Articles, Reviews, Special Reports, Brief Reports, Short Communications, News, Software article, Commentaries and Letters to the Editor. Papers in the following areas will be considered for publication:
Online learning and distance education
Studying current trends and future developments in open, distance, blended, and distributed learning, and online education.
Emerging technologies in learning
Evaluating new technologies developed to enhance the learning process, ranging from internet and web-based applications to Collaborative Software, Intelligent Tutoring System, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, etc.
E-course development and instructional design
Designing and implementing effective instructional modules and curriculums that can be applied in virtual settings and meet the learners’ concerns and preferences.
Analyzing the ever-growing role of social media platforms in education and innovative methods to integrate them in online and physical educational settings.
Learning analytics and electronic assessment
Exploring various methods of traditional and on-line assessment for quality assurance, evaluation and validation of e-learning.
Social, cultural, economic and political aspects of e-learning
Looking into the impacts of digital learning on people's lives and outlooks and the new opportunities it presents to different communities around the world.
E-learning in medical education
Studying the efforts in medical sciences to promote healthcare by utilizing educational technology, virtual learning environments, and online courses.
The aims of the journal with regards to the mentioned areas include:
• Creating the basis for the promotion of knowledge and research in e-learning
• Publishing research articles and analytical presentations in order to advance the production of scientific knowledge
• Advocating electronic learning in higher education
• Encouraging researchers to expand scientific research in the field of e-learning
• Creating suitable foundations for exchanging information on e-learning
• Introducing academics and experts in virtual education and publishing their findings
• Developing and promoting e-learning programs in medical education
The papers focusing on educational research will not be considered for publication unless at least one of the above areas are effectively reflected in their statement of objectives or research design.